Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Yes, yes!!

For about six months now, my friend Katie and I have been asking each other, "Hey...wanna go to India?!?" So today is the day!

Departing JFK at 4 pm, we touched down in Amsterdam at 6 am for a 5 hour layover. Smooth flight, slept a good bit. The train into Amsterdam from the airport takes twenty minutes. We threw our luggage into a locker and headed into the city.

Winding the streets of Amsterdam, we searched for anything open. Over canals, down alleys, pausing for bicyclists, we somehow ended up in the red light district. If we hadn't yet been tipped off by the glowing red bulbs, the Asian woman in the skimpy neon green dress peeking out of her bedroom window certainly proved a good, albeit shocking, indication. I turned the corner and looked in the window just as she peeped out, our eyes meeting in a serious stare. I didn't see her at all, and then did I ever.

We passed another room, window shades completely open to a bed and a sink. It seemed all too antiseptic. Aromantic. Which I guess is the point. Heading back to the station, we stumbled across Resin coffee shop. The girl behind the counter was fretting over the shop cat who had spent the night outdoors. Cats are nocturnal but it was pretty chilly. Not to worry.

The flight to Delhi was peppered with some turbulence but nothing too terrible. We watched the movie The Intouchables. What a great movie. Check it out. Afterward I put on Chocolat as it always puts me to sleep. Thank you, Juliet Binoche. Approaching the Delhi airport, Katie looked at me and said, "So, hey...wanna go to India??"

2 comments:

Sockmonkee said...

Sooo glad to see you updating again!! Cant wait for more!!

Sockmonkee said...

Soo glad to see you updating the blog again. Cat wait to see more :)