Sunday, January 28, 2007

Quito dancing

Saturday night is the night for dancing in Quito. I met a girl and her primos at Bungalow 6. She asked me to show her the US moves (uh, oh!), which wasn't so easy with salsa playing. I danced with one of her cousins and it was delightful! I get embarrassed so easily when dancing unless the guy knows how to lead and can move. And boy could her cousin lead, not to mention move, thank God!

Sunday is a lazy day in Quito. Drunks line the streets as early as ten am, professing their love for every woman as she passes.

I walked through Guapulo and Mariscal (what's known as the new town, north of the city)today. Live music in the square at the Coffee Tree. I looked for the apartment in Guapulo where Chantal lived when I visited Ecuador the first time but couldn't find it. If it's not marked, you simply have to know where you're going & what you're looking for, if you hope to find the spots. I guess New York and Ecuador have that in common.

observation: everyone smokes here--Ecuadorians, Canadians, French--the only exceptions so far have been the Aussies. Pretty much everyone else smokes.

No comments: