Saturday, April 19, 2008

Moo Moo Moo Moo

My mom got in to the city tonight, a two-day conclusion in the city before her trek back to Singapore. We had a bite to eat and then saw Gypsy, starring Patti LuPone. Hot diggity, she is a hit in my book. I've loved her since Life Goes On, that show that had the kid Corky in it...remember? Anyway, Patti does a great job, no surprise. I've never seen this show before and don't have any other actress to which to compare her, but I had a blast. I laughed. I was captivated, touched, laughing...out loud. There is this scene with a cow on stage. Hilarious!

At other moments, Miss Patti sent chills down my arms and legs. Now, that's rare. While I neither have the training to judge this type of work, nor do I have the Broadway bug exactly, I did grow up singing in a choir, at times with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chorus, and even abroad. And I love singing. In a church, in the bathroom, even just rockin' out in the car! What a wonderful show and inspiring performance.

No comments: