Friday, March 21, 2008

Perfectionist

Back on the plane, headed for the cold of New York, I am sad that I didn't stay in St. Maarten. How easy is it to just stay somewhere a little longer? Seems like it wouldn't be so hard.

I just read an article about perfectionism and how it's induced in your life. I cried through the entire thing. The main notion is that those who are perfectionists live in fear of sharing that which they continue to perfect for fear of being deemed failures. That they will never truly succeed because they will never let themselves grow, change and fail. I am amazed at how much this article hits home with me. I've never thought of myself as a perfectionist. Then I look a bit closer. It took a five month vacation for me to grow comfortable with and explore writing every day. And it took being apart from everyone I love to share those thoughts. As much as blogs are deemed whatever they are deemed, this one is an accomplishment for me.

Success is following your heart. And sharing it. I hope anyone reading this will choose to see me for my successes.

No comments: