Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Airport bars

It's 11:11 am and Ruben at the Fox Sky Box bar in Laguardia airport asks me what I'd like. I order a white Russian. It seems like a good breakfast drink. There's milk, coffee (liquer). And, well, vodka. He responds, "Single? Or Double." It seems only the first part of his response was a question. Wow. Am I that obvious? Or maybe it's not me at all, I keep telling myself. Just airport bars.

Am I wrong or don't you meet the most interesting people in airport bars? The premise clear. I'm here for the moment, want to discuss the world? The parts of it you know, the parts I know. How about politics? What's the vibe in Minneapolis? What about Phoenix? You're able to share anything you want. Organic and free.

So something lovely just happened in that airport bar. I'm not going to say another word about it for fear that I may jinx it. But, people, say a little prayer for Anne!

No comments: