Saturday, August 23, 2008

Family and friends

So back to another annual family vacation. For the past few years I have joined the Bockmans for a week or so of sun, fun and relaxation on the Emerald Coast, Florida panhandle. I have been adopted of a sort, the baby in yet another family. Three sisters, me the surrogate fourth, Mama and Daddy Bockman, as well as another couple Burt and Nancy, we stay in a big house, cook, laugh and enjoy for a week each year. In this photo is the house we will be in next year.

While being together with people you love may be the most important thing in life, being together in such a beautiful place makes it so much nicer. The more of the world I see, the more I appreciate this little neck of the woods. The sand is like snow, nature preserved. This year we may fall in the path of hurricane season but hopefully all will fair well.

No comments: