Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hygiene

I went to the dentist today, yeehaw! I fear going to a dentist in New York. There are so many up here and an equal number of horror stories. And perhaps silly, but I prefer to go to the same dentist I've had since I've had teeth, Dr. Granade. It's almost to the point that I make a trip back to Atlanta first and foremost to go to the dentist!

His two sons and my brothers are the same age and grew up together. Ever since I was a kid, going to the dentist meant going to visit with friends. And to this day, it still feels that way. So many of us out there dread the six month mark, having to crawl back into the chair, but not me. Granted, I have no cavities (knock wood), so I'm sure that helps. But also, I got to catch up today with the whole crew. It never ceases to shock me how the time passes, how each of us grows up and matures.

Of all the jobs out there, the one I think I would enjoy least is that of a dental hygienist. Digging in people's mouths, I simply could not hang. I'm glad other people take on that path, most likely a thankless job.

If anyone in the ATL needs a great dentist, look up Dr. James A. Granade, Granade & Sanders in Tucker. How's that for a thirty year plus referral!

No comments: