Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Growth

And...I'm in a hospital. Alla the sudden. It took 30 minutes to find a parking spot. Sad to see, business is good. I'm out on The Island, aka Mutant Island. My girl's girl is having a baby. Her first. She's been in the hospital for 10 hours or so and it looks like it's gone be awhile. I'm in the main lobby and I'm uncomfortable. It's cold. Antiseptic.

The security guard told me I can't drink my coffee in the lobby. So now I'm outside sitting in the grass. And I'm the only one. It's so much prettier out here. I wonder if you could build a hospital like a greenhouse. Granted, you want to keep certain things from growing, but sunshine? It just seems necessary. And health-promoting. I know, I know, Mom. Only with sunblock.

Best of luck to the Mom-to-be!

No comments: