Friday, June 12, 2009

Monkeys sea, monkeys Rum

As has happened on several occasions on this getaway, again I am alone. There are others whom I have mentioned. And every hour or so, a random or two strolls the north of White Sands up to Independent Bo. More than not they take pictures of these jungle bungles, stuck in a cove, sheltered in trees. A real getaway, it's like a ship wrecked into the trees and rocks, planks of the ship the floors, extraneous bits of rope linking all things. It's found through word of mouth and only that way. No frills. Bungalows have a fan. A shower head and nozzle. A bucket and porch. Oh, and monkeys. Don't leave food in your bungalow. Never mind the ants, the monkeys are what will truly do you in. Oh, and the rum...have I mentioned that?

As will the ocean. The waves crash at the foot of my bungalow. The sea is angry, not safe for swimming on this part of the island. I've ventured knee high at most.

I can exhale here. I am contented. A perfect close to my holiday. I dream of my friends and those I love. Soon.

No comments: