Monday, May 5, 2008

Ciao, Florida!

Headed back to New York, a quick "thanks!" to Heather's dad for putting us up at his apartment for the last five days. He's a cool dad. Even though I was totally embarrassed one morning, walking in on him butt necked on the toilet, we all managed to have a good time together.The view off of his balcony reminds me of Georgia, pine trees, magnolias, only with I'm guessing more water, and chances are, alligators.

And a fond farewell to our Mitsubishi Eclispe convertible, oh how we'll miss you! I love a convertible. Back in the day, I grew up driving a bright yellow, 1974 Volkswagen Super-Beetle I'd named Sonny. Man, oh, man, I loved that car. I remember learning to pull up the hill of Hilo Court in that stick shift. My dad used to let me drive after soccer practice. He taught me how to drive in the VW, and in Old Blue, a 1976 Cutlass Supreme my folks bought from my Nana. The Cutlass got stolen. It was a indeed a smooth ride. As for the Beetle, I wrecked it, sure enough. Like most things I love, I loved it to pieces.

No comments: