Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Shhh, it's a secret

I've been tutoring this kid who doesn't know how to read so well. His name is Monty. He's 15, lives in the neighborhood, got in some trouble in recent months, is now being monitored completely and got assigned a tutor. Me. Today I got word that he was removed from his family and the city by ACS (Administration for Children's Services, and also my initials, weird) and placed somewhere in Pennsylvania. And I'm happy for him. This city is hard to grow up in. At the same time, I'm going to miss working with him.

Does anyone about Post Secret? It's a compilation of postcards sent to a PO Box. All of the postcards are secrets revealed anonymously, like, "I wish I was the other twin." Well, anyway, I checked out one of the books and he and I were supposed to send ours. Maybe he'll send one anyway wherever he ends up.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to put on mine.

No comments: