Friday, July 25, 2008

ABCs

Psychology Today has revolutionized the way I view my life yet again. An article called "Plan B Lovers" got me today. The notion is that each of us, married, single, gay straight, female, male has a potential back-up lover. It starts with interest in another person and goes beyond friendship, though isn't necessarily sexual, and incorporates mutual fascination and flirting. The relationship exists just in case the Plan A relationship falls apart. So that there's a safety.

Now, I'm single. But I'm wondering what the majority of married people would think about this? Is it considered cheating if consciously or subconsciously, even unconsciously, HA!, you build an eject button lover into your life? Or is it just common sense? Is it fatalistic or pessimistic? Or simply pragmatic?

For me...I'm left wondering, what if all you have are Plan Bs? Or Cs?!?

No comments: