Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Heart

Sometimes in life I feel like things happen for me. As though certain things in this life were meant. In specific. For me. Maybe I'm an egoist? But there I was. Screaming my head off, with the majority of Nebraska (well, those who weren't at the Dave Matthews concert that night...or out cow-tipping...heh, heh) for Heart to do an encore.

Have you listened to Heart lately, people? Fine. Maybe not the coolest-looking group in the world, but, hell, that woman can sing!

So, they come out and did an encore of 3 songs. The Who's Love Reign O'er Me (I blame Mark Ross from the Young Singers of Callanwolde for my Who obsession from age 10 to maybe 25...), their own Crazy on You, and Led Zeppelin's Going to California. I almost cried. It was just beautiful. Music is amazing.

And as I look around, I'm the only person singing. With all my heart. Overjoyed. And probably a bit overwhelming...at least for Nebraska. But then again, we went with Sidney, Tony's sixteen year-old cousin, featured...need I say more?

No comments: