Monday, July 14, 2008

OMG, OMA!

There is nothing better than getting a call from a friend screaming into the phone from excitement, words coming at you so fast, you're clueless what you've just been told. The requisite pause, and response, "WHAT?!?"

And as you struggle to listen to the same thing repeated a tiny bit slower, you realize that "concert...oh my god...tickets...ohmygood ohmygod ohmygod...Heart, Cheap Trick and Journey...July 22nd....AAAAHHH!" NICE!

As many of you may know, I love to sing. It was one thing for which I was mocked a fair amount of my life. That, and my toes. But I've come to love both. And am more than happy to share them! Especially the voice thing. I've got some stuff down, Led Zeppelin, Blind Faith, Cyndi Lauper. You know, classics. But those women from Heart? That's some hard stuff to pull off. Trust.

So I'm going to visit Tony in Omaha, and we're going to the concert. I can't wait to see him. Or the new Journey front man. We'll see if he can rival Steve Perry...and I'm hoping to channel the voice of Ann Wilson. For the rest of my life. Wish me luck!

No comments: