Thursday, July 24, 2008

Omenha

First things first. When I went to type out the title on this entry, I wrote "Omaho." HA! Freudian?

According to Marta, one of Tony's co-workers, Omaha is beef, drinking and corn-huskers. I can dig it. I like all three.

Tony and I were talking yesterday about how it's important to free yourself of nasty or dangerous people. Those who strive to threaten or torment. Who needs that? Who wants to live scared? To be pure in intention and honest in action.

And then this morning, we walked out to the car. Headed to the airport to get me back to the city, we noticed that the passenger-side door of his car had been smashed.

See, there is this one guy in Omaha, let's call him Nemo (mind you, that's omen backward). So Nemo likes the guy Tony's been dating. A lot, apparently. And seeing the smashed window this morning, Tony jumped to the conclusion that it was intentional and a threat from this guy. Not cool. So we go back to the apartment to tell his brother, who in turn calls their mom. And the cops. Great.

Turns out, a majority of cars in their apartment complex have been broken into while in the building lot. So I guess this man exists as a warning himself. And Tony is taking him as such.

The power of selection. It's simply a matter of knowing which beef to eat, beverage to drink and corn to husk.

No comments: