Friday, October 5, 2007

Good for the gander, but not this goose...

I got up at 5:30 am to make it into to the city, refuel and drop of the rental, and be at work by 9. On the LIE, Northern State Parkway, Grand Central Parkway, any of them, and I tried them all, what a nightmare! I thought that three hours alloted would surely suffice for an hour and a half trip. On the contrary, I barely made it. And I wasn't alone. I sat in traffic for the last hour and a half on packed bridges, exit lanes, side streets. Those of you who drive in to the city from wherever, I have no idea how or why you do it.

I did enjoy having a car for those few days. Out in the middle of nowhere. But coming back into the city made me realize that I cannot have one living here. I have too much stuff as it is. Why add a car to the list of things I'd like to get rid of one day?

No comments: