Thursday, September 27, 2007

Reliance

A rainstorm hit on my bike ride home. No terrential downpour but one of those storms when you can still see the sun shining, too. Where I'm from they always called it the "devil-beating-his-wife-behind-a-closed-door" kind of storm. Funny. I never really thought the devil'd be married...

And on my way home, I had to pick up Tony's bag at Cafe Mogador. Sure. He can take care of business, like I said. But I forgot to mention. There's usually some kind of crisis involved that ends up involving me. I don't know if I bring the crises or if they happen when I'm there because I'm good at handling them. Or maybe it's my own personal purgatory.

So this one involved a lost bag full of personal checks, several of which were already endorsed, two paychecks of a friend of his, a digital camera, and some other junk...anyway. It's just funny who you end up relying on. And how.

P.S. Who uses checks anymore? And carries around endorsed ones?? Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: