Saturday, June 14, 2008

A little pink book

I've learned recently that I am that girl. I am every girl. Who thinks she's in love with a man who just really isn't that into her. Yes, folks. The Sarge gave me the book, He's Just Not That Into You, for our Saturday beach excursion. Her mom gave it to her because of an especially agonizing few months with respect to dating, love, men. I've read 100 pages of it. In about an hour. Talk about a beach book.

The Sarge thought this book might traumatize me. But, on the contrary, I feel free. Missed opportunities, excuses, rules and all that crap, I no longer have to worry about any of it. It's simple. We do things for those we love. We act on behalf of them, support them, we help solve their crises. We delight in and depend on those we love. That's what matters most. And that's what I have to give. And what I want back. Along with a lot of laughter...and vacations!

And a happy one to Clarice, aka Roni!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?