Sunday, June 15, 2008

Seen at Tompkins

On my bike on the way to lunch with Heather at Westville, I encountered a man pushing a piano through the park. An upright atop two dollies, he was recruiting unloading help from locals. Strange. Piano in the park. I circled the group a few times. Stranger, I realized that I knew the kid. Two more circles, perplexed at who this redheaded piano man could be, I figured that I should mind my own business. I looked a bit like a shark on the hunt, as it were.

Westville has these frozen mint lemonades. Damn refreshing. And the Cobb salad...nice!

So on my way back through the park, the redhead had been joined by a drummer. They were performing. I walked up, snagged a CD and told him I knew him, but couldn't figure out how. He calls himself The Crazy Piano Guy. He told me I looked familiar, too, but neither of us could resolve it. In my mind he's on a bicycle with one of those bike hats flipped up in the front. Anybody know this kid??

1 comment:

Kayscorner said...

Your bike? Your BIKE!? That deserves a blog...

Love you lots.