Friday, June 13, 2008

Sugar and spice and all that's nice

In life we all go through phases. Sometimes thrilled with our lives, sometimes bummed about our jobs, sometimes jilted, elated, distracted...you get the picture. Lately, I haven't been feeling myself. I'm working, but not enough. And not stuff I adore. I want to travel but am here at least through the summer. Surely, it'll all work out. But to help the process along, I just picked up Spezie, a scent I first fell in love with in Florence. Italy is the ultimate place to fall in love. Whether with a person (which I did), city (as well), even aroma (last but not least).

Maybe it's me, but smells and scents trigger the most vivid visions and memories. And thank heavens for Lorenzo Villoresi. Perfumeries aren't the most common occurrence here in New York, much less the States, from what I've seen. Sephora and the department stores seem to mass market fragrances from the latest crop of celebrities who have decided to bottle themselves. But Lorenzo, this cat is a perfumer. And it is an art. His are the kind of smells that, once on, you actually want to spend the day inhaling yourself. And so does everyone else. Delicate, yet primordial. In a time when I have been feeling like I need a V8, Lorenzo to the rescue! If only computers were scratch and sniff.

And happy birthday, Keri! And, you, too, Gwen and family!

1 comment:

Sockmonkee said...

love the new page but it makes it very hard to read doll baby!