Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thank you, T-Bone!

I got on the A train, the blue line that runs up the west side of the city, headed in the wrong direction today. I wasn't paying attention and was out of my usual routine. I never take that line anymore. It's a nice thing about New York. You can venture a new path, or rediscover an old one every day.

I'm headed to see Allison Kraus and Robert Plant in concert at the Garden. Let the summer of music begin!

So the blend of bluegrass and rock n' roll these two combine to create is genius. Kraus' voice is angelic and yet haunting. Plant's unmistakable sound...these two together, it's just monumental. Magnetic. Magic. Battle of Evermore seems to have been written however many years ago just for the two of them to perform. I saw an interview with them and T-Bone Burnett who played with them tonight. He's their producer and intimated that he'd brought them together in hopes of pushing both out of their comfort zones. What a brilliant idea. It inspires me to hop out of mine. I'm signing up for voice lessons.

Happy birthday, Rebecca! Love you!

2 comments:

Kayscorner said...

FM says he's a moth to that angelic voice also. He recommends AKUS and I recommend O Brother soundtrack. XO

Sockmonkee said...

Thanks for the birthday call! Seems like Im never in a rush until you finally call me!
In any case good to hear from you! Much love!