Thursday, August 16, 2007

Enchanted extinction experiment

When I think about my life, I have tough days and freak out some, but really, I am enchanted. I live an enchanted life. Even the things I don't always want to do--insert "work" here--I tackle with philosophical determination in my mind and blazing glory in my heart.

And sometimes, in my enchanted head, I think it's my responsibility to love people. To make people feel love, accept love and know that they are loved. As they are in this life. Not that I have some inflated sense of worth, or maybe I do, as though I am the lover of the world. But those whose lives do intertwine with mine, I feel like it's important that they know they're appreciated, loved. I guess I've been thinking lately, what is all this about? I was talking with my friend Paul about how many galaxies are out there in space and it's unimaginable to think that we're the only ones out here. And then I wonder: what's the point? Are we just another species, another creature, simply breeding, living, that may one day also become extinct? Who's going to fight to save the humans? Will we be the dodo in years to come? Or maybe all those extinct species once gone regroup in the netherworld to form a whole new species. Is this all an experiment?

P.S. Looks like the credit for the dodo photo is from a CA doctor: David L. Nelson. Thanks, doc!

No comments: