Friday, August 31, 2007

Lasts

Today is the last day. Vacation ending tomorrow all of us returning home, I woke up to haze. Different shades of gray as far as the eye could see. Appropriate gloom for the last day. What a shame for tanning. As luck would have it, the day brightened, the sun pushing away the clouds. Yay, beach weather!

So what did we spend the day doing? Beaching it. But today was no normal beach day. Today was beach tumbling day. The nut that I am, I took to my most impressive gymnastics moves, joined by Elise, and later Nancy. And, yes, it was caught on film. Some good blackmail material, I'm sure. My fun ended with a little yoga. Covered in sand, I think the close of my day was the warrior pose. A girl can dream...!

The last night at the beach, the frig packed and divied up, we went out for dinner. Afterward, Elise & I hit Bud & Alley's for one last night out. I was the DD, dancing & not drinking. It was nice. I enjoyed! It was so fun to see what idiots we become (Elise excluded) when drunk. We scream, fall, belch and just generally make fools of ourselves. There was also a group of swingers at the bar as well. Yikes, my friends! I'm not one to judge, but I'm not one to...well, you get the idea...

No comments: