Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Home

My friend Heather is in town for a few days. And what a lovely friend is she. We used to live together, with Tony as the third in our triumvirate, in a palacial Washington Heights three-bedroom when I first moved to the city. She is on her way to visit family in Florida, and to see her new niece for the first time ever. How exciting are new editions in families!

One thing that has changed in my life since I quit working 7 days a week, post traveling South America, friends stay with me in my tiny studio much more than ever before. And while my quarters may not be much, they seem to suffice, sometimes even for four! It makes me happy to know that what I do have can be shared. And even at times with as many as four adults, with little to no fighting. It's nice to see that home really is where your heart is.

No comments: