Saturday, February 16, 2008

Onion Square

When I was a kid, we usually went to Wendy's for our fast food fix. I think it was because of the Frosty. My friend the Sarge has never eaten a Wendy's burger because, in her mind, hamburgers are always supposed to be round. I, on the other hand, quite enjoyed my hamburgers square. Anyway, in good old Atlanta, GA, the one near Northlake mall had formica tables covered in old-timey newspaper. A century-old learning experience. Ads for those bicycles with one huge wheel in the front and a tiny one at the back, a woman in lace up boots and a heel-length dress, all-buttoned up to the neck, atop the bike.

My brother David and I got into an argument over the word union in one of the articles. I thought it was pronounced onion and spent the entire meal trying to convince him I was right. I was maybe 6 or 7, with hardly any words in my vocab arsenal. Funny to think I was already convincing people that I was right even at that age. Needless to say, I was mistaken. Anyhoo, here's an aerial shot of Union Square, the heart of downtown traffic in the city. I've learned to admit when I'm wrong...that progress, right?

No comments: