Friday, February 1, 2008

Museum of Modern Art

I'm at the MoMA today. I just walked up to the third floor and found a living space smaller than the one I call home. It's called the AirStream Bambi Travel Trailer and is apparently considered modern art. The frig is under the stove. Me, I have an oven under mine. The frig is totally separate.

Oh, and in the next corridor is an exhibit of bath curtains. Dramatic shapes and colors, I'm inspired to make some decorative changes myself. The Lucian Freud sketches on exhibit are quite nice as well, the introductory piece especially.

The MoMA puts modern out there for all to see the change from faces, religion, and nature in art to things (sometimes anti-things), culture and society. That shift from representing what is to what should, shouldn't, could or couldn't. Modern as a movement, modern is a movement. I'm wondering, "What's next, people?"

I cruised the sculpture garden and found a few sculptures, perfect matches to how I've been feeling lately. My friend Tony says I'm incubating. Should I worry?

1 comment:

Kayscorner said...

Or hibernating? A winter phenomenon for the warm-blooded...