Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tapah the evening to ya!

My bus is late. And I'm on the local, boo his. I missed the direct shot to the Cameron Highlands by 20 minutes, confound it! So I'm off to Tapah for a connection to CH. The bus is super roomy. I didn't have to put my pack under the bus; it's at my feet and I still have leg room. Given that I'm supposed to transfer in a few hours, it's handier anyway.

Jo and I had bacon and fruit for lunch today before parting. Mmm. Tasty! The manager of the Summer Guesthouse was really good to us. It makes such a difference when the people at the place you're briefly calling home are caring and nice. I'd recommend this spot to anyone. Great location in the Golden Triangle and Linda, too? What a deal.

Almost 3 full weeks of traveling, 2 countries, 3 regrets. The third is my iTouch. That thing has wifi on it, which would have been so handy. What was I thinking? Oh, and 2 losses. The wrap I had to buy in Bangkok at the royal arts exhibit bit in the dust in Koh Phan Gan. And a pair of ratty square silver dangle earrings, too, have fallen by the wayside. C'est la vie! Meanwhile, what have I gained? Not sure how to measure it yet. But a container in peanut butter is in there somewhere, among, I hope, a bevy of profound feelings and thoughts.

1 comment:

Sockmonkee said...

HA! I TOLD you to bring your I-Touch, WOMAN!! LOL!