Sunday, April 19, 2009

300 and Ginger

Sundays, ahh, Sundays. For more years than I can recall, I have worked on Sunday mornings. Brunch is a big production in the city. But today was none of that!

And what's more, I got to watch a movie. Oh, delight! And while it may not be the best movie in the world, I watched 300. An especially nostalgic movie for me, the first and last time I saw it was in Vilcabamba, Ecuador. I had been traveling with Alejandro and our dog Ginger for a few months, that week in Vilcabamba to be the final in our shared journey. Alejandro and I...we had lots of fun, talk about some dancing! But Ginger utterly adored me and I her. Watching this movie took me back.

The owner of the hostel in Vilcabamba had dogs. Big ones. And Ginger, who fully grown still fit in my hands, never seemed to realize that a big dog could and would eat her in one bite. The lounge where everyone watched movies had hammocks hanging from the ceiling. And that little puppy lounged in her own or on someone's lap. She was full of energy when the time was right, and so chill when necessary, too. I miss her even still and hope she's having fun!

No comments: