Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A little rain

And it's a downpour. Leaving Singapore today, I survived the scariest cab ride of my life. The driver's hands shook on the wheel for most of the drive. Hugging the right lane of a three-lane highway, I have no idea what the man was thinking. You couldn't see a thing in front of the car. And lights are an afterthought in the daytime. Getting splashes from the flood rising in the well on the right, along with the wake left by cars passing on the left, I wish I'd been driving. Speaking of, it's still weird hopping into the left front seat of a car and not driving...

Once at the airport, under the awning out of the rain, the driver let out a sigh. You know, you may be sweating but it's a whole different thing when you know your driver (or pilot) is flipping out, too.

So...Borneo, here we come!

No comments: