Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spree...it ain't just a candy!

So, Singapore seems to have added another addiction to my fold. Shopping. Now, now. Those of you who know me are shocked. "That girl has been a shop-o-holic the past 11 years that I've know her...!" Right, right. Well, I'd like to think I'd remedied my behavior in recent years. Guess not.

Really, it's not so much of an addiction. It's a past-time. Like, umm, baseball?!? Yeah, yeah...that's it! Anyhow. I picked up a few cute dresses today, a skirt, several tops...but out of all of it, I only bought one dress! Not bad, right? Not bad at all! My bank account and my storage locker, and those two things alone, are happy that Singapore caters to a smaller frame of woman. Imagine the trouble I'd be in if every woman had, well, boobs.

Singapore is to shoppers what I imagine Vegas is for gamblers. There is a shopping mall for every neighborhood. It's more like there's a neighborhood built around every mall. And inside, there are hairdressers, travel agencies, bars, restaurants, movie theatres, karaoke bars, massage parlors. Why leave? It's as though I'm in the seventh grade again. "Mom, can we go to the mall??" Oh, dear.

No comments: