Friday, April 3, 2009

Sixty-five and Singapore

I hopped on the bus this morning for Singapore. Down the mountain roads, I had a touch too much whiskey last night (thanks Helen and Celine!) and struggled to keep my breakfast down along the curvy roads. I've never been one for motion sickness, but hey. We grow in this life, right? We change. The bus had no bathroom in it either. Worrisome. But, I made it. Deep breaths are worth a lot in life. Breathing in general, I guess...

So today is my Dad's birthday. Happy birthday, Pops! So I figured I'd trek down to Singapore to celebrate. I'm excited to see my parents and their life half a world away. Today, my Dad is the same age as the year Singapore became an independent country!

Approaching the Singapore bus station, which is no more than a drop-off at a high-rise of karaoke bars, I switched on the audio and listened. ABBA. I longed to be at Lucy's in the city, dedicating Fernando to her and dancing into the night. And then came Air Supply. "I'm all out of love. I'm so lost without you..." That one is all Salome Solano!

Hey, look! Night golf!

No comments: