Friday, May 18, 2007

All things Chiléan

I saw a man mowing the lawn today. The sound, the smell, it took me back to good ole Atlanta, GA. The summers so humid you can see the water in the air. And the thunderstorms in July. What a wonderful place to grow up. I haven't seen a lawnmower in, well, I don't know how long. There aren't too many of those in the city.

The men in Chilé are expressive. They whistle, speak to any attractive woman. Well, maybe it's any woman. I walked past a Chiléan surfer chick today. They were whistling. She smiled and gave them a peace sign. What a good attitude. I usually just ignore them, but not anymore. And Chiléan kids are like NYC kids. Too cool for school. Cool hair cuts, cool clothes. It's a trip.

Chilé is more expensive than other places I've been but it's not insane like New York. And the quality of what you get seems to be pretty solid. Whereas in Colombia I felt like I paid more for less sometimes, here you pay more for more. Prices justifiable. Or somehow reasonable.

So, people. I think I may have met a man I could marry in life. Granted, I didn't, but how cool! Adventurous, light-hearted, attractive, spirited. As much as I may be a risktaker, this isn't one I'll risk. I'm just too immature (even still!) to be married, but what a fun thought, no? Before I left, everyone, from people on the bus to my closest of friends, warned me, ¨Be careful. You may just find yourself married and pregnant.¨ AH! Get me out of here! STAT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better have a picture of him!