Thursday, May 24, 2007

Animals

A day spent on the beach mostly. A little yoga and shrimp empanadas. Damn, this is the life.

In San Pedro, I picked up Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez. It fills my heart with sorrow, then on the next page, joy. Then strips me of that joy. Woah, what a talented writer. I'm so impressed, inspired, in love with this book. I don't want it to end. I'll probably leave it somewhere unfinished just so it will linger without ever having to end. Or maybe I'll finish it and bid it a fond adieu. Who knows?

In the afternoon, I took the photos I wanted to take in Iquique the first time I was here. It's such an interesting blend here of old buildings, old charm and then grafitti and funky sculptures. People compare it to Miami, but it's inaccurate. It's its own animal.

Speaking of animals, the boys were at the hostel late night. Good fun. They were drinking Bacardi Raspberry though. Wusses, right?

1 comment:

Kayscorner said...

Museums, money, magic, mongrels...what about "the man?"

Love in the Time? Wonderful book. Maybe I'll reread it.

xoxo