Friday, June 15, 2007

Collagen, leprosy and high fashion

So I think Buenos Aires, direction translation good air, is called that because of the wind. Makes sense. it's been pretty windy. I think it also translates to the feeling of good vibes.

Everyone's tall here and thin. And from all over the world. They call it BA. It's big. And they all walk faster than me. It's magnetic. And I'm amazed because, said it before and will say it again, I'm a spaz! And they're flying past me. This will be the perfect preparation for getting back into the New York state of mind.

I hear that plastic surgery is really cheap here. And I've sure seen a bunch of people who've had work done. Nose jobs, that collagen fish lips stuff, among others. People are generally attractive here, so it's probably harder to keep up with the Peróns.

I also saw two people with leprosy today. And there are people living on the streets here. Like New York. Not dogs, like Quito. And the economic divide seems much easier to discern than it was in Chilé. Fashion is a big deal, and showing it off, even bigger.

No comments: