Friday, June 1, 2007

Cold season

I feel great today. A good night's sleep does wonders, even though I dreamed that I was having brain surgery. In the dream, I told one of my girlfriends that I had to have the surgery and she replied, ¨Oh, wow. I really need a pedicure.¨ Wonder what my subconscious is trying to tell me.

The waves have been really strong over the past few days. The Australians and New Zealanders finally happy to get some swells. I really hope that one day I'll be able to break my fear of the ocean and take surf lessons. Maybe in warm water.

A woman just walked by in leather pants. At the beach!?! It's funny. As much as the season is designated winter, still feels like spring to me. So you see women in boots and long coats and then here are a bunch of gringas on the beach tanning. It's warm to us. But since it's officially winter for them, out come the winter fashions. Oh yeah, and the people who own and work at the hostal all got sick from 2 days of clouds. The sun disapeared for maybe 3 days in total and now everyone has a cold. But none of the travelers does, just those who live here. Much like a quick cold front in NYC leaves people with summer colds, looks like it happens here just the same.

No comments: