Monday, June 18, 2007

DGMW, people!

That stands for "don't get me wrong." SORRY! It's just that I haven't written a text message in months! Oh, how I've missed it! And New York pizza...!

Buenos Aires is amazing. I was a little nervous at first, new country, huge city, the people have such a different accent. And I had just gotten used to Chiléno! And there simply was no easing into all things Argentine. The first night, I arrived and went out with a bunch of people. Just thrown right into the thick of it. And I didn't sink, was just a little apprehensive. I still can't figure out the streets and the maze of Buenos Aires. But, it's all good. I got my sass back and am cruising the streets like I own them. Well, almost.

Today I cruised the Botanical Gardens and local zoo. And the wildlife on the streets as well. And I put a nice dent in my bank account shoe shopping. Why can't I just be fine with hiking boots? Again, genes. You should see my dad's closet. Hee, hee! You know it's true, Dad! So tonight I'm hoping to hit the tango quarters...and tomorrow I bid Argentina ciao! Six countries in five months. One flight and countless buses. I'm never going to forget this.