Friday, June 22, 2007

New York City

Ok, so off the plane and onto the train. Yes, I'm home. A backpack chock full, 2 bags (of shoes, of course) and I'm humping it all on New York City Transit. The Q33 to the 7 train. I stopped off at Tony's to pick up keys to the one room studio apartment. There's a kid riding a low-rider, a low-rider, pimped out bicycle, that is, and he's even got it fully equipped with a horn. Sounds like our '89 GMC Safari van cruising up in traffic. And kids are playing handball in Tomkins Square. Me, I'm headed for Pastel. No, it's not a bar...it's a spa. Five months of traveling South America and I am in desperate need of WAXING! Sad to say, I' not going to the Met, or headed to Nathan's for a dog. First things first. Two hours back and I'm already a girl with an agenda! Kind of gross, too, but the waxing ripped off most of my tan. DAG!

So I'm back on a cell phone and I'm not so thrilled. It serves a purpose, yes, I just don't know if I want that purpose again. It was nice being disconnected.

I hung out with the girls from my former office job tonight. Apparently, there was an office pool about whether I'd come back. Not sure who won, but I am back! And I just realized that the last image I have of my trip is the sunrise. On the plane this morning, I took several. How's that for optomistic?