Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Southbound

So I left Iquique today. We have had 4 days with maybe 2 hours of sun so it feels like my beach time has come to a close. I left without seeing the man and feel like it was probably a good thing. I'm not fond of goodbyes and might have cried or something silly. I'm glad to be moving on. I stayed in Iquique for 2 weeks, the longest stretch in one place, plus the 4 days in the prior visit. And I loved it but started to feel like the furniture. Comfortable furniture, maybe call it a LazyGirl.

I'm on an 18 hour bus ride to La Serena. Still on the coast. Chilé's so long as skinny that it seems like you're always on the coast. Then I'll make my way to Santiago and hope to jump over to Buenos Aires for maybe a week. I've heard wonderful things about it so, while I'm here, I figure, why not?

No comments: