Friday, June 29, 2007

Office space

I spent the day driving Julie's car. It's a Volkswagen! I dropped her off at her job (where I used to work too) and spent the morning finding the notebook I want somewhere in this city. I'm determined, people. Found it in Queens, right near the office. Convenient. It sure takes a while to get around here in a car. Even walking. Taxis are usually the speediest. Or by bike. I gotta get my bike out of the basement!

I paid a visit to the people at the office where I used to work. Shout out to BVN! Apparently, people there have been reading this some, too. Hope I haven't offended anybody. Probably not. I've actually been catching some flack. Friends have said, "Ok. So I've read the PG-13 version, Anne. Now I want the no-holds-barred NC-17 version!" Oh, dear. That's just it. I like to tell stories forever. I love the look on Tony's face when, after having known him 10 years, I get to hear him say, "WHAT! You never told me about that!?!" And it's not so much that I even know what I've told to whom, I just like to tell stories about my silly experiences. And sometimes, it's just better in person. And I love surprises, and I love giving them, telling them. So, hopefully, I'll have enough crazy stories from my travels to tell for a while. When they run out, I'll just have to travel again!

So many people told me to be careful when I left. If not, I'd be coming back to the States pregnant and married, usually in that order. Not sure what that's about?!? I'm actually kinda old-fashioned. So, walking through the office, looks like I went away, came back, and everyone else is pregnant! I bet it's nice. Uncomfortable, I imagine, but what a notion! A human all wrapped up in your body. Just not sure I'm mature enough for that. Maybe one day...pero, "Buena suerte, chicas!"

FOUND MY MACBOOK PRO! And get this. The opening line in the book says, "Congratulations, you and your MacBook Pro were made for each other." Ok, not sure how I feel about that. This isn't a Volkswagen...is it? Guess it'll be my traveling office, creative space for a while. Kind of like a car for some people.

No comments: