Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dawn

This morning walking through Tompkins I saw dog pee that looked like it could have been the symbol condor at the Nazca lines. It was symmetrical. Uncanny. There is no condor image at the Nazca lines, but were there, this would have been the liquid miniature replica. I love the park in the morning. Chinese women in groups doing unusual exercises. Pitbulls and squirrels and drunks. Trees and green. And my mourning doves. There may be no sound more comforting to me that the coo of that dove. I wake to them and know it will be a good day.

The city is pink at dawn. I don't recall the last time I saw it. Normally, I run at the sight of dawn, not realizing how late I may have stayed out, but today I embraced the sunrise. The city aglow in peaches, a pale yellow on the rise in the sky.

No comments: