Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sneaks and scarves

Rock n' roll karaoke last night. Fun, for sure! Arlene's Grocery brings down the house on Monday nights. Also, I bought new sneakers yesterday. Lebron James' sneaks. I don't know who he is but, apparently, everybody else does. It makes me giggle. He's supposedly the best pro player in the game right now and me, I'm unknowingly wearing his sneakers. Of course, I am on the up-and-up enough to have heard about the scandal with that NBA ref and his fixing games. Ooooh. That could get ugly.

Ok, so let's talk about the lovely people I have in my life. I have to say, I'm thrilled to share moments with a lot of them. Yesterday, I hung out with Dwayne, Ed & Sarah for a bit, then Lynn, Tiiu & her brother, Lori & Crystal. And Lucas and his "ex," too. I'm happy because I feel open and able to meet new people and like them. I used to clam up around new people. I know. The spaz, big mouth, also shy?? Never! I was a closet introvert or something. Not anymore. Phew!

I just passed a Muslim woman and her daughter walking through Tompkins both of whom were wearing head scarves. The girl was on a scooter, the mother walking behind her. Only their scarves had the Calvin Klein insignia on them. CK scarves, evidently, the material was black but the letters irridescent. It looked nice but it seemed to be a contradiction to me. Not sure I think of Islam and Calvin Klein as bedfellows. Excellent. That just changed my perception. I love it when that happens.

No comments: