Friday, July 27, 2007

Solitary

It's weird but sometimes I feel more alone here, in a city covered in millions, than I did traveling South America. Alone. It's as though in places where there are tons of people, you should feel a connection. You should feel that sense of closeness, but you don't. In reality, you can feel more secluded, out of touch, untouchable. It's strange but sometimes it seems like New York is one, big island full of solitary creatures. It makes me sad to think about the people who live their lives alone. The owner of the restaurant wants me to plan Thanksgiving this year, to which I am heartily opposed, and as it turns out, the seats at the bar are even full. Single people eating alone on Thanksgiving. Sometimes I fear that will be me.

1 comment:

Sockmonkee said...

You will never be alone girl!