Monday, July 2, 2007

For real

I did it again, people. I worked. With another Georgia peach. It was all "ya'll," sweet tea and "Happy 4th!" We may be the only people in the city serving up some sweet tea. It's funny, but them Yankees like it! Southern girls rock, by the way. And two customers wrote comment cards about how nice we were today. Kinda funny. I feel like I'm pretty well-received out there in the world. So please, world, cosmos, don't let it end. I guess if you put good out there....and I do mean well. Sometimes I get a little misdirected...or obsessed with something...or someone...but even then, I still mean well. I just have to let things run their courses sometimes. And I can't believe it's July already. Is this what happens in life? You simply remark on days passed?

So my partner in crime, well at work today anyway, quit after our shift. It's my girl Lynn. We've been friends for about 10 years. Back in the ATL, and here in the NYC. Word. So, she quit. She's going to take off to hike the state of Vermont, is it? And then go work as a cook on a boat and cruise the Caribean for the winter. And then maybe move to Alaska or something? The irony is that she's from Savannah and hates cold. Alaska, man. That's going to be a test for her cold weather tolerance. I'm impressed. Sounds like a good challenge. And I like that I have friends who do wild stuff like that. Guess it makes me feel more normal, wanting to see the world myself. She's going to homestead, too, I think. They're apparently still giving away land in Alaska, but keep it on the DL. At least until she gets hers...

So any of you who might think I'm a liar, well, I'm not. I been known stretch the truth, it's called hyperbole. Even invent things from time to time, that's called creativity. But the stories I tell, they have happened. Dom DeLuise hands? It's for real.

No comments: