Friday, July 6, 2007

The screen incident

I haven't told you about the screen incident! So lately, not gonna say when exactly, but I was hanging out with a friend who lives in the second floor apartment. So, somehow, we got locked out of the apartment (Anne's fault). Now, she lives there. So she should know, if anyone, how to break in. First she tells me, "Don't look up!" She was wearing a skirt that day, without undies. Yes, these are my friends and I love them. So we both decided that it was unlikely that I'd be able to hoist her onto a roof without looking up, so she ran to the car for shorts. Back, she climbed up a chair onto my shoulders. I tilted forward, unknowingly, and then the scrambling began. Thinking I'd dropped her, or fallen, she started crawling for her life on the brick wall of the house. Half her body on the roof, half dangling over the side, she scraped the toenail polish off of her big toe on the right foot. The left foot went through the downstairs neighbor's screen door. Shit. Evidence. And then some laughing. In cat burglar stealth mode, she spouted orders, "Put the chair back! Close the gate behind you!" Still laughing, I complied. And then went up to her place and we wrote a note. Please keep in mind. I imagine that we wouldn't have had any casualties had we been sober. Sllly girls.

No comments: