Sunday, July 1, 2007

Percepcion

Just ripped up the copies of my birth certificate and passport I've been carrying in my wallet for the past 5 months. Pretty beaten up, the creases worn thin, it was time. Sad but looks like I'm home. No more traveling for the moment. And I'm back on my Ipod. Mobile phone? Eh. Ipod. Full throttle. And music in general. NYC radio. Gimme some. Day 2 back to work. In a restaurant. On the upper west side. No worries. All cool. In 2 days I've got a quarter of my rent. Keep it coming. Keep in coming. I have a Japanese money cat in the window of my apartment. And a seed wrapped up in a $20 bill in my wallet from La Bruja de Iquique. I'm a sucker for superstition. And, apparently, gypsies...

The busdriver just asked me how far I'm going. Hmm...that's a good question. Asia? Australia? I haven't figured out what the connecting link is, yet, though. Will it be writing? Photography? Adrenaline? Will I be skydiving the world? What's the common thread? Not sure. Anyone have any ideas? But that's not what he wanted to know. So, I told him, "Union Square." He was like, "This don't go to Union Square." I'm like, "Yeah, ok. Astor Place...same diff. Same ave...3rd". So, he explained that he was asking because it's his first day on this route. He doesn't know what streets he's supposed to take because he usually drives the M14s. Somebody got sick and he's doing his boss a favor working the M8. Could I help make sure he goes the correct route? Guess I don't look as much like a tourist as I thought. I hopped off at Astor. At least I could get him that far.

So I uploaded all my photos today. Every single flash card I've had since I got this old-ass digital Canon. This is going to be fun...this computer. Graphics, creating fliers for parties...anyone need a promoter?!? YES! ME! Oh, yeah! And wish I hadn't deleted some of the photos I deleted. Checking 'em out on a screen, some of them look killer! Who knew?

No comments: