Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Impact

I don't think we realize the impact we have day to day. In people's lives, on people's lives. Those we encounter every, single day. Today I got a pedicure, the first mine feet have seen since back from the southern hemisphere. A scary lot indeed. But the Nepalese woman who often takes care of me, the only one strong enough to work out the knots in this hussy's back, mentioned that I had been gone a long time. She even knew that it had been 6 months. Wow. Sure I was in there every week or every other, but I guess I made a good impression. You just never know the impact you have on people. She has glasses now and they look great. She's just lovely. Maybe Nepal is next...

And did you know that it's tradition for Nepalese women to have their noses pierced? It's really pretty. But neither of the two at the salon likes hers. It's a cultural requirement not as much a choice.

No comments: