Thursday, July 5, 2007

Kevin

I hadn't really realized that I'm home. Until I saw Oprah on some crap network rerun at 1 am this morning. Her hair was pulled back, corn rows or something. She looked well. The topic serious. And looking back at that moment, it should have occured to me right then. Back to the usual. Back to the States grind, only this time, I'm my own grind. I do have a job and hope and pray I can make enough money so I can do other things!

Here's a bit of what I wrote today:

Kevin smiled a little as he picked at the scab on his arm. Pick, pick, wince, pick, smile. Then he ripped the whole thing right off. Tears welled in his eyes but he liked pain more than others. Spots of blood popped out of the circle of flesh and then a small pool grew in his arm.

Drops of blood in a bread crumb trail up the stairs, he made a sandwich in the kitchen. Cold cuts on a roll. Two slices of cheese unwrapped and added with ketchup. And yesterday's coke to drink. Into the living room, Kevin's little sister was sprawled on the sofa almost snoring. He turned on the radio, pushed her legs to the side and sat down.

No comments: