Monday, July 16, 2007

Identification

So I'm applying for a replacement social security card. Lost the last one, 2 years back, or so, when I left a bag in a taxi. Waited til now because I didn't really need it til now, and in the past was always working. Never found or made time for details like those before. Also, I'm getting a NY state driver's license, which is the reason for the new ss card. And I have to register to vote here, too. And then, I'm going to renew my passport. Pretty funny list of things to do. Replace all IDs. It's a shame about the passport. I just got all those cool stamps in South America! Guess I'll just have to go back! The GA ID photo is hideous so I'm stoked to be trading that in soon. Yes, a touch of vanity, here and there...I've been getting carded a lot lately, too. Which is strange. And kids who look like they may just be 20 are checking me out. Really, people, does a tan make you look younger or something? I'm going to hit 31 sooner than later and yet seem to have become young stuff bait. What is that about?

On the ss card application, you have to check a box, "Asian, Asian American or Pacific Islander, Hispanic (Not Black), Black (Not
Hispanic), North American Indian or Alaskan Native, White (Not Hispanic)." Those are the options. You also have to list your mother's & father's last names at birth and their socials as well. And the Social Security Administration office was full of people. Lucky for me, it's 6 blocks from my house. I can come back later. The guard said they're slower right when they open and just before they close...

1 comment:

Sockmonkee said...

No passport required to come to Florida with your second family ;)