Friday, April 27, 2007

Exposure

I made it to Nazca today and went up in a 4-seater prop plane (4 seats including the pilot's) to view the Nazca lines. The plane buffeted by the afternoon winds, it was a good thing I didn't eat lunch. I'm actually kind of off food lately. It just seems an afterthought. The Nazca lines are a mystery. There were discovered in the 20s by the first group of explorers to fly over the Perúvian desert and no one knows why they are there. The lines form pictures, a parrot, an astronaut, hands (pictured), a tree, and yet no one knows who put them there, where they've come from. The lines are formed in the sand, the top layer of rocks removed to expose the underlying brighter sand. I think it's aliens trying to communicate with us.

In Huacachina, and Lima a little too, I felt stuck. As though I couldn´t get my tush in gear. The days I planned to leave dragged on in both places. It was only a day per spot but I don't like wanting to leave a place and having to hang around. I know. All in all, what do I have to worry about? It's just the feeling of being stuck, delayed. Again I'm just a girl accustomed to living in NYC, moving and shaking, where you can get anything pretty much anytime. I guess I'm still not so good at relaxing, taking it easy. Three months of vacation and I'm still a spaz...

So I'm stuck in Nazca too (AAAHHHHH!!!!) and just threw a fit in a tourist agency trying to secure a ticket on to Arequipa. I wanted to take an overnight bus tonight but now have to stay in Nazca overnight, won't get to Arequipa until Sunday morning. I think I've had some stress, well, something building since Lima and, it broke free tonight when I couldn´t get the heck out of Nazca. Sometimes a girl's just gotta cry. Oh dear. I feel so bad for the people who worked in the agency. They handled it quite well. It was a quiet storm. I didn't throw anything, yell, even hardly speak, just tears. What a wreck.

No comments: