Sunday, April 1, 2007

The sun set on Santa Marta

I'm in the bus terminal of Santa Marta right now. I just bought a ticket headed for Bogotá, the Colombia's capital. I'm headed south again, hopefully to cross the border back into Ecuador by Tuesday or Wednesday, and then south into Peru. The time spent here in Colombia has definitely been vacation, taking it easy. I'm ready for a little rugged action! And as much as I'm enjoying, I'm not sure I want to return to NYC with a beer belly?!?

Last night, I ate fresh fish on the beach and met up with my friend Maria & her boyfriend for a bit. They have a small shop where they sell arts & crafts. The goods here in Colombia, specifically the Santa Marta area, are some of the coolest I've seen, although expensive. And the sunsets, not so expensive! There are natural rock piers extended out into the sea. It´s as if you´re adrift and surrounding by water. Breathtaking!

1 comment:

Sockmonkee said...

Glad your having fun and being safe!
Coming home to NYC...or GA ( your REAL home!) will probably be like getting off an alien ship!
I can see how it would be easy to get lost there.